SJA's JK-3 Physical Education Blog

My photo
Hi SJA Parents! I hope you all had an amazing summer! I'm SO excited to come back to SJA as the PYP Physical Education and Health Teacher and the Lunch Coordinator! I went to Brock University for the Concurrent Education program and I have a Bachelor of Arts in Child Psychology, as well as a Bachelor of Education in Primary/Junior. I’m also qualified to teach ESL and Special Education. I am currently completing my Masters Degree in Education! I will be teaching Junior Kindergarten to Grade 3 each day! JK - Grade 2 will have Phys Ed at SJA in GYM 1. Grade 3 will be bused over to the Athletic Complex every other day with me! If you have any questions feel free to email me at ayustin@stjudesacademy.com

Friday 12 January 2018

January 10 - 12, 2018


Happy Friday Parents of SJA!

I had such a great first week with the kids! This week was basically an icebreaker week so that they could get comfortable with having me as their new gym teacher!

We did the parachute and the kids ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! It might be one of the rewards they get with the new reward system I’ve created and described below.
We've started our Cooperative Games and Teamwork unit for Grade 1 and 2! In this unit we will be working in teams in stations to reinforce skills such as dribbling, passing and kicking balls, zig zagging through cones with a soccer ball, targets such as bean bag toss, frisbee throwing, etc…

In Cooperative games we will learn to play “Mission Impossible” which some of the kids already know, Human Rock Paper Scissors, Everybody’s It, etc…

SK and JK will be doing a follow instructions and a dance/ movement unit! I started this week with freeze dance to get the kids familiarized with dancing to the music and following my instructions. “When the music stops, You stop!” We then did “Animal Freeze” which I play music and the kids together choose an animal to imitate and they walk around as that animal. This week the kids chose animals like: snake, turtle, monkey, elephant, cheetah, lion, bear, butterfly, and caterpillar!

I've put together STARS which is going to be a reward system for Gym!

Safety
Teamwork
Attitude
Respect
Sportsmanship

The kids have to follow the STARS and get a minimum of 20 STARS each week and if they succeed they get the last 7-10 minutes or get a sticker or whatever we choose as a group on the last day of the week! This will also help with team work and cooperation within their class as well.

I will have a weekly chart posted in the Auditorium for the kids to follow so they know what they need work on! 

I’m really hoping that we can get the kids to follow each of these rules throughout the year and become great team players and companions.

I will post each Friday how each class did in STARS for that week! 

Have a lovely weekend and I look forward to seeing the kids on Monday!

Kindest Regards,

Ms. Yustin












No comments:

Post a Comment

Track and Field

St. Jude's has had a terrific track and field season this year. We had three separate teams, the under-10's, under-12's, and Ele...