SJA's JK-3 Physical Education Blog

My photo
Hi SJA Parents! I hope you all had an amazing summer! I'm SO excited to come back to SJA as the PYP Physical Education and Health Teacher and the Lunch Coordinator! I went to Brock University for the Concurrent Education program and I have a Bachelor of Arts in Child Psychology, as well as a Bachelor of Education in Primary/Junior. I’m also qualified to teach ESL and Special Education. I am currently completing my Masters Degree in Education! I will be teaching Junior Kindergarten to Grade 3 each day! JK - Grade 2 will have Phys Ed at SJA in GYM 1. Grade 3 will be bused over to the Athletic Complex every other day with me! If you have any questions feel free to email me at ayustin@stjudesacademy.com

Sunday 21 January 2018

January 15-19

Hi Parents,

We had a great week in Gym class! Unfortunately this week we had 2 days of gym inside the classroom as there were meetings and conferences being held in the Auditorium. I have many fun websites that are follow along workout videos that I do with the kids and would love to share them with you!


1. Go Noodle
www.gonoodle.com
2. The Learning Station
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLearningStation
3. Cosmic Kids
https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga


Monday and Tuesday we were in the Auditorium and we continued working on our stations. I added in jump rope for the grade 1 and 2's! Stations were - frisbee toss into the bin, bean bag toss into bins, and soccer and basketball dribbling.

Wednesday and Thursday were in the classrooms and the kids behaved so well inside the class!!!

Friday was an obstacle course day. I set up a few different obstacles for the kids to go through while balancing a bean bag on their head!
After the kids each went through the course a few times we played "Ship to Shore" which is a new game I introduced to the kids. It is all about following instructions that the Captain gives his Pirates!


Have a great week!
Ms. Yustin






















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Track and Field

St. Jude's has had a terrific track and field season this year. We had three separate teams, the under-10's, under-12's, and Ele...